Nigeria, over the years, has become one of the most highly sorted African tourist destination; this is due to the attention ministry of tourism, is churning into the sector. The high rate of commuting within Nigeria has brought the need to and high demand for hotel facilities in the country.
Another trait of most Nigerian is the desire for comfort and pleasure, and this is why Nigerians have been rated among the most hardworking set of individuals. Nigeria is an ideal place for both foreign and local investors; this explains the high rate of high – class seminars, training, quarterly and annual entertainment events, award ceremonies amongst others.
All these have done well to spark up the increased rate of commuting within the country, thereby creating the need for a conducive hotel.
Another major factor that has led to an increase in the demand for standard hotel accommodation in the country is the issue of security. Everyone is very conscious of the state of security around their environs, and therefore would require a very safe place to rest and carry on important business activities, whenever on a business assignment or just for leisure.
Recent research, carried by the Hogg Robinson Group of companies have shown that Nigerian Hotels are ranked among the most expensive hotels in Africa with an average room rate of £217.05(₦97,675.5). Considering a place like The Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja, one has to churn out as much as ₦101,613 – ₦494,023 per night.
It may surprise you to know that some of these hotel bills could pay an annual rent for an apartment in some parts of the country.
One of the fascinating sights about these hotels happens to be the serene environs, architectural design, landscaping, and lightning. All this is done to give clients a memorable and comfortable stay. The fact is that some of these hotels were designed with their potential customer in mind.
20 most expensive Hotels in Nigeria for 2019
Below are the 20 most costly Hotels in Nigeria for 2019. These prices include their executive and presidential suites.
- The Lagos Continental Hotel (was formerly known as Intercontinental Lagos Hotel) – costs ₦1.1M per Night
- Transcorp Hilton, Abuja – costs ₦982,585 per Night
- Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, Victoria Island – costs ₦608,484 per Night
- Southern Sun Ikoyi Hotel, Lagos – costs ₦553,473 per Night
- The Wheatbaker Hotel, Lagos – ₦541,530 per Night
- Lagos Oriental Hotel – ₦550,000 per Night
- Lagos Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja – ₦513,300 per Night
- Nicon Luxury, Abuja – ₦494,490 per Night
- Sheraton Abuja Hotel – ₦488,330 per Night
- Hotel Presidential, Port Harcourt – ₦337,524 per Night
- Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos – ₦204,500 per Night
- Ajuji Greenwich Hotel, Abuja – ₦295,200 per Night
- Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos – ₦272,800 per Night
- BON Hotel Stratton Asokoro, Ikeja – ₦219,000 per Night
- Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, Uyo – ₦207,000 per Night
- Le Meridian Ogeyi Place, Port Harcourt – ₦194,460 per Night
- Lezsco Luxury Apartments, Abuja – ₦185,000 per Night
- Four Points by Sheraton Lagos – ₦181,792 per Night
- Hotel Novotel Port Harcourt – ₦177,600 per Night
- Golden Tulip Hotel, Port Harcourt – ₦150,000 per Night