Attack On TVC: 250 Staff Out Of Work – TVC CEO, Hanlon
Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Television Continental (TVC), Andrew Hanlon on Thursday said more than 250 production staff working in the building razed by arsonists, have been out of work since the incident occurred.
He spoke when Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his team, among which included the Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Gboyega Soyannwo, and Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotoso, paid condolence visit to management of the burnt station.
Hanlon took the governor round the main auditorium, which was the hub of the TV station’s operation. It was completely razed.
The auditorium housed three main studios, three control rooms, three master control rooms and central transmission laboratory said to have been equipped with the modern communication gadgets worth millions of dollars.
All left in the building were charred materials.
The TV station boss also added that over 500 direct employees of the station had been struggling to work in temporary accommodation put up by the company.
Hanlon said: “After the rioters invaded our premises and set the place on fire, some buildings in the premises survived. But the main transmission building is completely destroyed and it was the hub of our operations. The rioters cast fear and terror in the hearts of our employees when they broke in last week’s Wednesday morning.
“People’s hard work and huge investment that went down into the TV station were destroyed in a period of about an hour. The incident was really traumatising for all of us. The rioters left immense devastation. The entire interior of the building was destroyed. This is all that is left of our bubbling building, which was a centrepiece. Thankfully, no member of staff died in the incident.”
Hanlon said the immediate priority before the management of the TV station was to ensure that all direct employees were looked after, stressing that the means of livelihood of thousands of indirect workers attached to the brand had been threatened.
He said efforts were being taken to return TVC back to its full operations, promising that the station would bounce back stronger than it was.
The Governor was also shown a wreck of burnt vehicles belonging to the station and employees.
You can now order Dångote3×cement directly from the factory at a promo price of ₦1,300 per bag and Rice for ₦10,000 per bag.This is for customers buying above a hundred bags and trailer load of six and nine hundred bags only.Also get your foreign used EXCAVATOR,TIPPER TRUCK,DREDGER AND CONCRETE MIXER at the best prices and with a high performance quality.Kindly contact the Marketing Manager (Alhaji Jubril Abubakar) on O 7 0 1 66 O 7 0 6 O for your booking and note that delivery takes two days.PLEASE SHARE AND TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY.
You can now order Dangote cement in units or truck loads and get it delivered to your preferred door-step or construction site.Distributing directly from The main Factory to all parts of the country to Sub- distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers and End- users at a promo price of N1,3OO per Bag of Cement and N1O,OOO per 5OKG bag of RICE. Delivery is guaranteed within 48HRS after booking. Contact The Marketing Manager (Umar Sani) on O8O3-O75-8397 FOR BOOKINGS AND INQUIRIES.