The Federal Government on Monday ordered telecommunications companies to place a ban on sim cards that are yet to be linked with the National Identification Number (NIN).
Mobile networks like MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile have already carried out the directive of the Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
It was gathered that the restrictions would be lifted ones the customer has been able to register for he/her NIN and link same to their sim cards.
If your sim or you know someone’s sim that has been barred, no cause for alarm as Naija News has compiled the authentic codes for you to do the NIN-SIM linkage.
How to link your NIN to your MTN Number
- Visit the Customer NIN Capture: https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- You will see the form where you will fill in your full name.
- Then put your MTN Mobile Number
- Type your NIN
- Fill in your email address Then click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
Code to link NIN with MTN
- Dial *785#
- Input the 11 digits NIN, then send Y
- You will be notified if the linking is successful or not.
How to link your NIN to your Glo Number
Send UpdateNIN (put space) NIN (put space) First name (put space) and Last Name to 109.
That’s how to link your NIN with Glo.
How to link your NIN to your Airtel Number
Dial *121*1#Input your 11 digit NINYou will receive a text message saying it’s successful.
That’s the code to link NIN to Airtel.
How to link your NIN to your 9mobile Number
- How to link your NIN to 9mobile Number Visit the website https://9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on the green space with ‘verify and link your NIN now’
- Enter your mobile number and fill in the requirements.
That’s how to link your NIN with 9mobile.