What’s your go-to strategy for finding a date? Maybe you visit the local watering holes, or you ask your well-connected friends to do some scouting for you. Whatever it happens to look like for you, finding the right person – even if it’s just for a one-time date – can take a lot of planning.
Fortunately, you don’t have to stick with the usual methods every time; the internet is full of people looking for love, and many of them use online dating sites. It could be your run-of-the-mill dating platform, an adult dating site, or even a video sex chat site like Flingster. The point is that if you have a certain kind of relationship in mind, there’s probably already a website for it – with several thousand members to choose from!
Some people don’t get into online dating because it just isn’t for them, and that’s totally fine. However, others avoid it because they feel like online dating won’t result in a “real” relationship. There’s still a bit of a stigma around meeting people online, whether they end up being your lifelong partner, or the person you bring to a family event so your aunts will stop pestering you about being single.
You can’t change everyone’s mind about online dating, but you can change yours. It’s a resource that you can use to make your dating life easier, so if you don’t personally object to it, why keep yourself from taking advantage of it? Below you’ll find a few points that may be enlightening, especially if you’re still on the fence. Since most people already know how Tinder-style online dating works, most of the discussion will center around adult dating sites that offer both video chatting, and more flexibility with regards to getting intimate on-camera.
ONLINE DATING PROS
1. You know how it feels to spend all kinds of time (and probably money) on a date, only for the other person to ghost you within 10 minutes of going your separate ways? Well, if you’re on an adult dating site, you’ll get rejected all the time – and it won’t matter nearly as much. With so many people to meet, your next chance at romance is just a couple of clicks away, so you don’t have to worry as much about the ones that don’t work out.
2. Speaking of spending money, online dating is considerably cheaper than the in-person version. Even if you drop some cash on a new webcam or lighting setup, it’ll pay for itself eventually. Online dates, especially first-time dates, are pretty casual – there’s no need to put on a big show in order to impress someone.
3. If a picture speaks a thousand words, how much can a video tell you? This is why video chats work so well with adult online dating – you can really get acquainted with someone. Video chatting can bring some heat to a one-time online fling, or help you develop a long-term relationship with your romantic interest, even if they’re on the other side of the world.
4. There’s hardly a better way to put yourself out there besides joining a dating site. Sure, most of the people there won’t interest you (and vice versa), but it’s the same in real life. The difference is that when you’re dating online, you don’t have to put in the work to find potential dates – the website does the work for you.
ONLINE DATING CONS
1. Your date-night options are a bit limited; if it can’t be shown on a webcam, it’s a no-go. It’s still possible to get creative, but you’re really just trying to imitate what you could do effortlessly in real life. For instance, instead of going to a restaurant, you could both order your own food and eat together while you video chatted. You’re still technically sharing a good meal together, but it isn’t quite the same.
2. Any discussion about adult dating sites will include a discussion about getting intimate over webcams; for some people, that’s the whole point. While this definitely gives you a lot of freedom in the way you interact with people online, it’s little more than a stop-gap measure for most.
3. It’s great to be optimistic about your chances on an adult dating site, but the reality is that not everyone will end up finding what they’re looking for. It could be that they didn’t try hard enough, or it could be dumb luck; whatever the case, your success with online dating isn’t guaranteed.
Why you might prefer finding a romantic interest online
In some cases, people join dating sites because there just isn’t anything for them in the real world. None of their acquaintances are an option, all of their co-workers are a definite no, the blind dates are always terrible, and leaving it up to chance is taking them nowhere.
If you decide to try your luck online because there’s nothing available anywhere else, that’s totally valid. After all, why not? You’ll quickly discover how different the dynamic is online; instead of dealing with all the first-date nerves as you get ready to impress a stranger, you can leave the first impressions to your profile. Plus, you can talk to several people at once to see who pans out, rather than putting all your eggs in one basket with a single date. A lot more options, a lot less pressure.
Why boundaries still matter
There may not be any physical contact involved, but people could still try to cross your boundaries in other ways. If the person you’re with is trying to coerce or manipulate you, even if it’s just over a webcam, that’s a red flag. They’re clearly in it for themselves, and you can do better – it’s time to find someone else!
Are you ready to give online dating a try?
Adult online dating isn’t for everyone, but if it sounds like something that’s right up your alley, why not give it a chance? You never know what could happen!