At the beginning of the year, you were most likely spending your money on unnecessary things. You were visiting the malls, going shopping and clubbing because you were loaded with cash so you were flexing hard.
And flex you did.
Forgetting that you ought to save some money for rainy days.
Coronavirus has confined us all to our homes and now you’re broke. You’re losing weight , complaining of hunger and having headache because you don’t just know how to manage the little cash you have at hand. If this describes your current situation, I’m here to help.
Here is a a list of 3 cheap, healthy, delicious and easy- to- prepare soups that’ll keep you and your family satisfied during this lockdown.
The best thing about this soups is that you can get it prepared with as little as N200.
1. Beans Soup
Beans soup is a perfect and healthy soups that you can prepare with as little as N200. This beans soup is different from the Yoruba Gbegiri soup. You can eat this beans soup with eba, fufu or Yam.
Ingredients for cooking Beans soup
- 1 cup of Beans = N50
- Grinded Pepper = N20
- Magi= N10
- Oil= N50
- Starch= N50
- Total = N180
How to prepare Beans Soup
- Wash beans and cook for 20 minutes
- Wash the beans agian and cook till it get soft. The reason you need to wash the beans agian is to prevent any form of chest burn.
- When the Beans gets soft pour your oil, pepper and and cook for N10 minutes
- Stir and add your seasoning cube, pinch of salt and starch. Note: Your starch should be mixed with water
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Stir from time to time so it does not burn.
- That’s it! The Beans Soup is ready.
2. Okro Soup
You do not need N2000 or N1000 to make a great soup. You can make a tasty okro soup with little money.
Ingredients for Okro soup
- Okro= N50
- Grinded Pepper= N20
- Magi= N10
- Oil= N50
- Onions= N20
- Crayfish= N50
How to prepare Okro soup
- Grind your onions and mix with grinded Pepper
- Fry the Grinded onions and pepper in hot oil
- After frying, add Magi , salt, crayfish and little water
- Add your grated okro and cook for a minute.
- Your delicious Okro soup is ready.
3. Scent Leaf Soup
Ingredients for scent leaf Soup
- Scent leaf= N50
- Pepper= N20
- Crayfish= 50
- Oil = N50
- Maggi= N10
- Total: N180
How to Prepare Scent leaf Soup
- Blend your scent leaf
- Turn it into a pot, add water and cook for 2 minutes
- Add two tabe spoon of oil, Caryfish, maggi and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes and your scent leaf Soup is ready.