The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) is recruiting for short term consultancy – Surveillance Support Officers in 19 states.
NCDC is investing resources in strengthening health security at the sub-national level including improving capacity to effectively prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
Location: Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Kebbi, Borno, Osun, Enugu, Niger, Kwara, Benue, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa, Jigawa, Ekiti, Kogi, Ogun, Cross River, Imo and Abia States
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment type: Full time
- At least 6 years’ experience with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field research
- First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Public Health or any health or biological science related discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferable in public health)
- FELTPtraining will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with SORMAS tool or any other surveillance tool.
- Must be domiciled in the state of assignment.
- Experience in managing surveillance data at LGA or state level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office suite and Epi info or SPSS.
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively.
- Good verbal communication skills in the local language of the state of assignment and working knowledge of English.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. ‘’Surveillance Support Officer- Anambra State’’
Only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.