The UEFA Champions League (UCL) is arguably the most prestigious club tournament in the world. With a massive prize pool and an even bigger audience, it is no wonder that clubs spend millions on their players and managers in order to be successful. The competition has been running since 1955 and has seen some of the greatest footballers of all time take part in it.
The 2022 ucl has began and so many are players are vying to become the top scorer. Many footballers have been scoring for fun this season and it will be interesting to see who tops the scoring chart at the end of the season.
Kylian Mbappé leads this season’s UEFA Champions League scoring charts with six goals after adding two to his tally as Paris beat Maccabi Haifa 7-2 on Matchday 5.
Erling Haaland, Robert Lewandowski and Mohamed Salah were all tied on five goals after Matchday 4, but there is now a new name at the top of the leaderboard following Mbappé’s exploits on Tuesday.
2022/23 Champions League top scorers
- 6 goals Kylian Mbappé (Paris)
- 5 goals Erling Haaland (Man City)
- 5 goals Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona)
- 5 goals Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 4 goals Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
- 4 goals Lionel Messi (Paris)
- 4 goals Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli)
- 4 goals Leroy Sané (Bayern)