The 2020 Ballon d’Or shortlist has been announced with 30 names competing for the biggest individual prize in world football.
Lionel Messi and Neymar have not been included on the 30-man shortlist for the 2022 Ballon d’Or.
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo is on the list after scoring 18 goals in 31 matches for Manchester United last season.
The favourite for the 2022 Ballon d’Or, Karim Benzema’s 44 goals powered Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid side to La Liga and Champions League triumph last season.
Thibaut Courtois, who is named on the Yachine Trophy shortlist awarded to the best goalkeeper, Champions League final match-winner Vinicius Junior, Luka Modric and Casemiro are also listed in the top 30 for the main prize. New signing Antonio Rudiger, who had an impressive season for Chelsea last season, is on the list.
2022 BALLON D’OR NOMINEES
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madird)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
- Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- Luis Diaz (Liverpool)
- Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid)
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham)
- Fabinho (Liverpool)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Mike Maignan (AC Milan)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Darwin Nunez (Liverpool)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
- Sebastien Haller (Borussia Dortmund)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Antonio Rudiger (Real Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus)
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
- Erling Haaland (Manchester City)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
The winner will be crowned at the Ballon d’Or ceremony on October 17 in Paris.