Major General Taoreed Lagbaja is a distinguished military officer who currently serves as the 39th General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the 1 Division of the Nigerian Army, based in Kaduna. He assumed this position on June 19, 2023, replacing Lt-Gen Faruk Yahaya, who was appointed by former President Muhammadu Buhari in 2021.
Key details of Major General Lagbaja’s biography
|Major General Taoreed Lagbaja Biography|
|Wiki||[Link to Wikipedia article (if available)]|
|Name||Major General Taoreed Lagbaja|
|Wife||Mrs. Mariya Abiodun-Lagbaja|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1968|
|State of Origin||Osun State|
|Education||Bsc Geography – Nigerian Defence Academy (2001)|
|Msc Strategic Studies – US Army War College (2014)|
|Career||Nigerian Army, various positions and commands|
|Operations Participated||Operation HARMONY IV, United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC), Operation ZAKI, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Operation MESA/Operation UDO KA, Operation FOREST SANITY|
|Wife and Children||Mrs. Mariya Abiodun-Lagbaja, two children|
|Hobbies||Reading, writing, playing golf|
Early Life and Education
Major General Taoreed Lagbaja was born on February 28, 1968, in Ilobu, Irepodun Local Government Area, Osun State. He received his early education at the Local Authority Teachers College Demonstration School in Osogbo from 1973 to 1979. He then attended St Charles Grammar School, Osogbo, from 1979 to 1984. Later, he pursued his higher education at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, from 1984 to 1986, where he obtained the West African School Certificate (Advanced Level).
Major General Taoreed Lagbaja’s military journey began when he was admitted into the prestigious Nigerian Defence Academy on September 12, 1987, as a member of the 39th Regular Course. On September 19, 1992, he was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant into the Nigerian Army Infantry Corps.
Throughout his career, Major General Lagbaja has served in various capacities and participated in critical operations. Some notable highlights include:
- 93 Battalion: From 1992 to 1995, he served as a Platoon Commander.
- 72 Special Forces Battalion: From 1995 to 2001, he served as a Platoon Commander.
- Nigerian Defence Academy: From 2001 to 2004, he served as an Instructor.
- Army Headquarters Department of Army Training and Operations: In 2004, he served as a Grade 2 Staff Officer in charge of peacekeeping.
- Armed Forces Command and Staff College: From 2005 to 2009, he served as a Grade 2 Staff Officer in charge of training and later as a Directing Staff.
- Headquarters 81 Division: From 2009 to 2012, he served as the Deputy Chief of Staff G1 (Administration).
- 72 Special Forces Battalion Makurdi: In 2012-2013 and 2014-2015, he served as the Commanding Officer.
- Headquarters 8 Task Force Division Monguno: From 2016 to 2017, he served as the Chief of Staff.
- Army Headquarters Department of Army Training and Operations: In 2018, he acted as the Director of Operations.
- Headquarters 9 Brigade, Ikeja: From 2018 to 2019, he served as the Commander.
- Headquarters 2 Brigade, Uyo: From 2019 to 2020, he served as the Commander.
- Army Headquarters Department of Army Training and Operations: From 2020 to 2021, he served as the Director of Force Generation.
- Headquarters 82 Division: From 2021 to 2022, he served as the General Officer Commanding.
- Headquarters 1 Division: Since August 2022, he has been serving as the General Officer Commanding.
Major General Lagbaja has participated in several operations, including Operation HARMONY IV in the Bakassi Peninsula, the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC), Operation ZAKI in Benue State, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Operation MESA/Operation UDO KA in the South-East Zone of Nigeria, and Operation FOREST SANITY in Kaduna and Niger States.
Personal Life and Net Worth
Major General Taoreed Lagbaja is married to Mrs. Mariya Abiodun-Lagbaja, and together they have two children. Outside of his military duties, Major General Lagbaja enjoys reading, writing, and playing golf. As for his net worth, it is not publicly known, but as a Major General in the Nigerian Army, he is likely to earn a significant salary and have access to other benefits such as housing and healthcare.
Major General Taoreed Lagbaja’s appointment as the General Officer Commanding of the 1 Division is a testament to his exemplary military service and leadership skills. His dedication and contributions to the Nigerian Army have earned him respect and recognition among his peers. As he continues to serve the nation, Major General Lagbaja’s career serves as an inspiration to aspiring military officers and a source of pride for his fellow Nigerians.