Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment – The Nigerian Army has officially open their 2020 registration exercise web portal for Nigerians who wish to apply for Direct Short Service Commission and for Short Service Combatant commission.
The headquarters of the Nigerian Army made this announcement via their official twitter handle. According to the tweet, the recruitment will be done online and registration will commence immediately.
How to apply for Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment
- Apply online at recruitment.army.mil.ng or visit the Nigerian army web page at recruitment and choose SSC or DSSC option from the page.
- From there, choose the course you are qualified for
- The next step is to apply for the course. Please note that the application is absolutely free
- You will need to upload documents like Passport photographs, Educational certificates, Evidence of membership any professional body, Certificate of State of Origin, Birth certificate or age declaration.
- You must print out their online generated photo-slip after completing the application. The Registrar of any Court of Law will sign on the first page while your Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who comes from your state of origin should sign on the second page
- All applications must be submitted before September 29th, 2020.
Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment – Qualifications
- Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Height must exceed 1.68m for male and 1.65m for female
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit
- Applicants must be free of any criminal conviction(s).
- Applicants age must be in the range of 23 and 27 by January 2021
- Applicant must possess a valid birth certificate
- Applicants must have at least first degree and have nothing less than Second Class Lower Division or HND that is nothing less than Lower Credit for arts, sciences or humanities.
- Candidates must submit Letter of Attestation from their former institutions
- Candidates must not have any tattoo
- Candidates must have completed his/her NYSC, obtain NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment Entry Requirement
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of
- Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- b. Be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2021.
- c. Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- d. Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- e. Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- f. Measure in height at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female).
- g. Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must not have any disciplinary case andmust be confirmed so bythe Commanding Officer/Commander.
- h. Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from accreditedinstitution of learning.Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- k. Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.Applicants completing NYSC in 2020 are eligible to apply.
- l. Only post secondary academic credentials obtained fromYear2015 to date will be considered.
- m. Applicants must present validcontact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- n. Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- o. Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- p. Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offence in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- q. Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment Method of Applicationn
4. Applications are to be made online free of charge from 18 August 2020 to 29 September2020.
- a. How to apply:
- (1) Go online and visit Nigerian Army web page at recruitment and choose SSC or DSSC option from the page.
- (2) You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing SSC and DSSC courses.
- (3) Click on the “Apply Now” button for the SSC or DSSC as per your qualification.
- (4) At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- (5) If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to you email) or enter you login details and log in.
- (6) Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- (a) Passport photograph.
- (b) Educational certificates.
- (c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- (d) Certificate of state of origin.
- (e) Birth certificate or age declaration.
- (7) For DSSC applicants, note that the qualification selections available to you are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
- b. Print Out. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin. Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at selected examination centres selected by applicants or assigned as appropriate. Successful candidates would also present their printed photo-slips at Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
|Minimium Grade||Second Class – Lower Division|
|Application Period||19 Aug 20 – 29 Sep 20|
Nigerian Army 2020 Recruitment Deadline
All applications must be submitted before September 29th, 2020.