How To Renew Your Driving License In Nigeria
A driver’s license is a legal document issued by the federal government of Nigeria, to empower the right and freedom of its citizen, non-citizen and resident to drive. With the driver’s license, citizens have permission to drive without being embarrassed. A typical driver’s license has up to three years validity; however, the federal government of Nigeria introduced another driver’s license with a validity period of five years back in 2016. The minimum age for obtaining a drivers license in Nigeria is 18 years.
Procedures for obtaining a drivers license Letter.
- A request for a drivers license including your address and phone number.
- A copy of your national driver’s license as well as the original.
- A good driving record from the federal road safety commission.
- A self-address return envelope.
- A pay of $50 to the Nigerian embassy.
- Applicant’s Nigerian passport data and stamped page.
How to renew your driving license.
- Apply online at https://www.nigeriadriverslicense.org, and then you print out the form after filing and then print out the payment slip also.
- You pay the license fee online or at any designated bank.
- Give your form to the board of internal revenue officer.
- Proceed to the FRSC for your biometric data capturing.
- You will be given a drivers license valid for 60days.
Read also 10 Best Android Document Scanners Of 2018 For Your Smartphone
How you can obtain a new drivers license
- An application is given to the applicants, and need to be filled, and sign with by the applicants.
- A signature which is scanned into a database and displayed on the driver’s license is required from the applicants.
- Two passport photographs are required by the applicants.
- Payment is required by the applicants.
- Applicants must provide proof of identity which must be given to the license office.
- The applicants must bring evidence of handling a motor vehicle.
- Once the applicant’s document is verified, the license is mailed to the applicants.
- A license is given to the applicants, which will last for 60days.
- Applicants are required to obtain another license after 60days.
In conclusion, you can see that obtaining a drivers license in Nigeria is not such a difficult procedure when you follow the right steps.