Create Facebook Poll – A Facebook poll is potentially one of the easiest ways you can use to gauge your friend’s or people’s reaction to an issue. Your fan page (if you have one), timeline or Facebook Messenger already has the basic ingredient of any poll: respondents.
In this case, the respondents are your friends or followers of your page.
Polls are tools utilized by different people or groups to test a theory or idea. Marketers run polls as a means of promoting an idea or plan to sponsors.
For individuals like you and me, a Facebook poll is a good way to engage with others on social media. Some very revolutionary ideas can be gotten from these polls.
Polls generally require the respondents to choose between two or more options. A well-designed poll is easy to create with the results accessible to all the respondents to avoid manipulation.
For instance, With the Facebook poll, you can get your friends to choose between going to an amusement park or the beach for a group outing. What you can do with this tool is only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Let’s see some of the ways to create Facebook polls.
How to create Facebook poll in Messenger
- Open your Messenger app
- While in a group chat, tap the ‘Polls’ icon in the text window
- Alternatively, instead of 2, simply tap ‘More’ and select ‘Poll’.
- Proceed to create the question or choices you want your friends to decide on and submit it.
Your friends in the group chat would be able to see the created poll in the conversation. They can vote as they wish.
How to create poll on a Facebook group
Before creating a poll in a group, you must have administrative privileges first.
- Log into your Facebook
- On the menu, click on ‘Groups’. If you are on Facebook Web on a PC, ‘Groups’ can be found on the left side panel. Click or tap it.
- Select the group you want the create the poll
- Click ‘Write Something’ and chose ‘Poll’
- Input a question, then click ‘add option’. This gives the group members the options you want them to decide on.
- Click post.
The group poll would be created for you. However, you need to understand that only members of that group can vote.
How to create Facebook poll on your Facebook page
Facebook pages are wonderful tools for promoting charities, organizations and small businesses. A competent social media manager must know how to use the various resources on Facebook to promote the page.
One such resource is, of course, Facebook poll.
Creating a poll on a Facebook page is very easy.
- Sign on to your Facebook page
- Navigate to the ‘Update Status’ box. Beside the ‘Event, Milestone’ tap, click the plus sign.
- Click or tap ‘Question’. Then proceed to type the questions for your poll.
- Look for the ‘Add Poll Options’ in the lower-left corner of the window.
- After clicking or tapping ‘Add an option’, simply type the answer to your poll. You can repeat this to set as many questions and answers as you want for your poll.
- Next, check (or leave it unchecked) the ‘Allow anyone to add options’ box.
Checking it can bring up some interesting suggestions from Facebook. It is not compulsory to pick any of the options though.
- Finally, select ‘Promote’ if you want to promote your poll to a wider audience outside your page. This is optional and it is a paid service that works like an ad.
Create Facebook poll on your Facebook timeline
A Facebook poll on your status is suitable for small businesses and if you don’t have a Facebook page. You can use it to promote your services or simply share ideas with your Facebook contacts.
- Open the Facebook app or open Facebook on your PC
- Click ‘What’s on your mind?’ as if you want to update your status
- On the Facebook app scroll down until you see ‘Poll’. If you are on PC click the three dots after ‘Tag’ friends. You would see ‘Poll’ at the bottom of the contextual menu that comes up.
- Click on ‘Poll’
- Fill in the details like the questions or options you want your contacts to choose.
- Set the expiration time of your poll
- Tap or click on share/post to publish the poll on your timeline or status.
If you wish, you can make the poll more interesting by adding stickers, emojis or feelings.
There are also options to tag an event near you that is related to your poll.
You can have as many polls as you want in a day. Facebook polls are just like a status update. So there are no limits to how many you can create.