Check out how to download song from google play music using the google play music web player or google play music app as well as downloads via the google play music with no download option.
Google Play Music app gives access to millions of songs across the globe, all via a single unique button. It also gives you the ability to listen to all your favorite songs, without access to the internet. Stick around as I show you how to download songs from google play music not minding your kind of phone or laptop.
There are several things to keep in mind:
- When using the Google Play music, you cannot download a single song, it must be a full album. But however, you can add the song to a playlist and then download the playlist for offline listening.
- In addition, music stored for offline download cannot be transferred to another Android phone. It simply works like a rental scenario, you receive music for the offline view but cannot share this with a different device.
- If you do not want to download albums and playlists then you can also get the option of ‘Cache music while streaming’ When you use this option, Google play gives you access to music you listen to and allows you access only this list for offline listening.
Google Play Music encrypts there service, so you cannot simply download anything out there but must have a subscription or may have purchased a song to get access to some of the features.
All of this and more will be discussed in sections below, So let’s get started.
Google play music download mp3
To download music to your Android or iOS device, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play Music app
- Find the album, playlist, or podcasts you want to download
- Tap on the download button
How to download music to your phone
At the beginning of this article, I outlined that you can listen to individual songs offline as long as you have already opened it previously. This you can be by enabling ” Cache music while streaming” To do this, simply:
- Launch the Google Play music app on your device
- Now click on the three-line icon which you can get access to at the top-left side of your menu
- Next, click settings.
- Navigate the settings to the ” Cache music while streaming”
- Click to enable it.
Download song from Google play music
How to download music using the google play music web player
You can download songs from Google play to your computer using the google play music web player but you should bear in mind that this only happens for files you have uploaded previously to the player or purchased.
Any content accessed with your Google play subscription would not work with the Google play music web player. To use the Google play music player, simply follow these steps:
- Click open the “Google Play Music page” on your computer
- Now navigate through the list of your purchased and uploaded songs.
- When you find the song, click enter
- Next, click the three dots icon to open the menu
- Next, access the album and click download.
Note: This feature only works, if you have a chrome browser, therefore you must first download this app to access this feature. Even if you do not have it, a pop-up message may spring up to which you can use in getting your own chrome app.
Once this is done, the music will be downloaded to your computer.
How to download music from google play to mp3 player
If you have a windows media player or use a Mac, Windows or Linux platforms, you can also download music from the google play to mp3 player seamlessly. This can be done using the Google Play Music Manager which allows for background play and many more.
To do this, simply:
- Download and Install the Google Music manager
- Now select from three options that would be shown you
- The first option lets you upload from iTunes or Windows Media player to your Google Play Music Manager
- The second option lets Google Play Music Manager upload all new much from your music folder or iTunes automatically
- The third options give you access to download your library, that is, previously purchased music or a music file that is free to download.
- Once you have picked your desired settings, you can now close the window and use your computer normally.
How to download music to your phone
You can also download music from your google play music player to your phone or otherwise SD card but this only works for Android 4.4+. If you have this, then follow the instructions below:
- Open the Google play music app
- Click menu or the three- dot line
- Tap settings
- Next, click storage location
- And lastly, click External
- Please note you can only access this music on your phone locally, but you cannot transfer this to another device.
Google Play Music gives you excellent features including the ability to listen to all your favorite songs without internet connection via any device of your choice. Simply use any of the sections above to get access to your favorite songs on the go.